University of Central Oklahoma: BA in Criminal Justice
FORENSIC DOCUMENT TRAINING
US Postal Inspection Service Forensic Laboratory in San Bruno, CA.
- Diplomate-American Board of Forensic Document Examiners (ABFDE) (Certification)
- Fellow-American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS), Questioned Documents Section
- Regular Member-American Society of Questioned Document Examiners (ASQDE), 2001-2009
- President of American Board of Forensic Document Examiners (ABFDE), 2001-2003.
- Secretary of American Board of Forensic Document Examiners (ABFDE), 1999-2001.
- Director on the Board of Directors of American Board of Forensic Document Examiners (ABFDE), 1995-1999.
- Associate Editor of the ABFDE Newsletter: 7/95 to 1/98.
- Regional Representative on the Board of Directors of Southwest Association of Forensic Document Examiners (SWAFDE): 10/91 to 10/93.
- Chairman of the Bylaws Committee: SWAFDE: 1990 to 1995.
- Scientific Examination of Questioned Documents, Revised 2nd edition. Co-editor/co-contributor, Taylor Francis Publishing, 2006.
- Forensic Examination of Rubber Stamps, Charles C Thomas Publisher, Springfield 2002.
- Significant Dates of Modern Typing Methods, ABFDE monograph, 1994.
- Meeting the Challenges of the Daubert Trilogy: refining and Redefining the Reliability of Forensic Evidence by: Mara L. Merlino, Victoria Springer, Jan Seaman Kelly, Derek Hammond, Eric Sahota, Lori Haines. Tulsa Law Review Vol. 43 No. 2 Winter 2007 pp. 4157-445.
- Reliability of Forensic Document Examination, published by Forensic Magazine, 2006.
- Habits Observed in Naturally Written Numbers, published by the Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, 2003, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 56-66.
- A Bad Use for a Good Stamp, Marking Industry Magazine, March 2000, 95 (7), pp.22-26.
- Normal Course-of-Business Records versus Manufactured Records, co-authored with Diane Tolliver and Sandra Ramsey Lines,1999, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 34-44.
- The Impressions of Forensic Document Examination, Marking Industry Magazine, October 1999; 95 (2) pp.30-34.
- The Examination of Disguised Numbers, Journal of Forensic Sciences, 1999, 44 (5): pp.1027-1028.
- Flat Die Stamps: New Technology from Brother, Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, 1998, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.82-87.
- Facsimile Documents: Feasibility for Comparison Purposes, 1992, Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1600-1609.
- New Horizon Award: Presented by the American Board of Forensic Document Examiners, 2007
- Ordway Hilton Award: Presented by the Questioned Documents Section of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, 2004.
- Safety Officer of the Year: Presented by the Rotary Clubs of Southern Nevada, 2004.
- Certification of Appreciation: Presented by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, 2004.
- Charles C. Scott Award: Presented by American Board of Forensic Document Examiners, 2002.